Spicy Coconut Quinoa Thai Salad
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Makes 2-4 Servings
Notes: Add your favourite protein to this meal if it suits your nutritional needs. For a low-carb or raw option, sub quinoa for steamed/raw cauliflower rice, raw peanuts (for the peanut butter), and use raw sesame oil.
What You’ll Need:
3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1/8 Cup Ginger (minced)
1 Tbsp Braggs Aminos or sub for GF soy sauce
2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
1/2 Tbsp Raw Honey (Vegan Sub with Maple or Date Syrup)
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1/2 Tbsp Fresh Lemongrass or Paste
Juice of 2 Fresh Limes
2 tbsp Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Coconut Milk (divided)
1/2 Cup Organic Rainbow Quinoa (boiled)
2 Cups Organic Baby Kale
1/2 Cup Organic Purple Cabbage (shredded)
2 Organic Bell Peppers
1/2 Cup Cilantro Leaves
1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
3 Green Onions
1-2 Spicy Thai red chili peppers
1/4 Cup Organic Cashews or Peanuts
Making It Happen:
1. Puree all the dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
2. Boil quinoa for 8-12 minutes until tender. Allow to cool.
3. Prepare veggies: lightly sautéing kale in 1/8 cup coconut milk for 3-5 minutes. Slice and dice all other veggies.
4. Toss the sautéed kale with all other veggies, mix in with quinoa and top with cashews/peanuts together until well combined.
5. Drizzle with the dressing, toss and serve!