Raw Vegan Boston Cream Pie
This particular recipe is raw and vegan and was inspired by my best friend who spent such an influential time in her life in Boston. I created this with her in my heart. It is packed with delicious, bio-available nutrients and proteins and is a treat that is delicious and super beneficial for you.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 13 Hours
Makes 2-4 Servings
Notes: You can make this recipe Keto friendly by subbing all sweeteners with Monkfruit Sugar or Stevia to taste.
What You Need:
1 Scoop SUNWARRIOR Vanilla Protein
6-7 Medjool Dates (pitted)
1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp Walnuts OR Almonds (soaked, I used sprouted nuts)
1-2 Tsp Maple Syrup
1/2 Tbsp Coconut Butter
Pinch Himalayan Crystal Salt OR Sea Salt
1/8 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Coconut Butter
1/4 Cup Cashews (soaked)
1 Tbsp Hot Water
1/8 Tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
1 Medjool Date
Raw Chocolate Topping:
1/8 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
11/2 Tbsp Coconut Butter
Pinch Himalayan Crystal Salt (optional)
Making It Happen:
1. Prepare Cream Filling by blending all ingredients together in a food processor until very smooth, refrigerate.
2. Prepare Pie Layer by blending all ingredients together in a food processor until quite smooth.
3. Once blended, use your hands to separate the blended ingredients into two parts.
4. Mould one part into a round pie shape, set aside.
5. Remove Cream Filling from fridge and pour on top of the first layer of pie then mould the second layer on top ensuring that the sides mesh together. *note you may want to wet your hands to make this happen. I like to really work it into a beautiful round shape but you can create any shape that you want ie. square, a loaf etc.
6. Prepare Raw Chocolate Topping by lightly melting coconut butter then stirring in raw cacao powder and salt if using and drizzle over top of your pie.
7. You may refrigerate until ready to serve or serve right away.