Thai Coconut Rice
A bowl of this will take you straight to the island paradise of Koh Samui. With exotic flavours such as coconut and lemongrass this fragrant, healthy, whole grain carbohydrate makes the perfect side dish for everything from grilled proteins to curries or as a topping for salads. I often enjoy this as a breakfast dish alongside some fresh fruit and an omelet!
This recipe has been created using DavidsTea Coco-Lemon Thai, a divine white tea made with ginger, coconut, lemongrass and lemon myrtle.
Makes 4 – 1/2 Cup Servings
1 Cup Organic Brown Basmati Rice
2 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Organic Light Coconut Milk
1/2 – 1 Cup Coco-Lemon Thai Tea (strongly brewed)
1/4 Cup Fresh Coconut Meat
1/8 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Ribbon OR Flakes
1 Tsp Fresh Lemongrass
1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger (grated)
Pinch Himalayan Crystal Salt to Taste
2 Tsp Raw Unpasteurized Honey
1. Place rice in a pot and soak with warm water to remove starches, drain and add 2 cups water, cover and set to boil for 15-20 minutes.
2. Brew Coco-Lemon Thai Tea and set aside.
3. When rice is parboiled and water has nearly dried, add coconut milk and 1/2 cup of tea and continue to boil (only adding additional tea if the rice becomes dry and requires more liquid)
4. Allow rice to cook for another 10-15 minutes (until liquid has vaporized), stir in coconut meat, coconut flakes, lemongrass, salt, ginger and honey.
5. Serve hot with a delicious main of your choice!