Zain’s Jungle Burger & Root Fries
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Makes 4 Servings
What You’ll Need:
32g Walnuts (finely chopped, roasted)
4oz Baked Yam
2 Flax Eggs (soak 2 Tbsp Flax Seeds in 4 Tbsp Warm Water)
OR SUB FOR 9oz Minced Organic Free Range Chicken or Turkey + 2 Organic Free Range Egg Whites
1/4 White Onion (diced)
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
1/16 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/8 Tsp Onion Powder
1/8 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/8 Tsp Cayenne Powder
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
Iceberg Lettuce (chopped), Tomato (sliced), Sprouts, Whole Grain Mustard, Homemade Ketchup (1/2 Cup tomato paste, 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder, 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder, 1 Tsp Raw Honey, Salt to taste), Low-Sodium Pickle, Cashew Cheese, Avocado, Tahini or any other dressings of your choice.
Making It Happen:
1. Preheat oven to 350. On a sprayed baking sheet, roast walnuts with Bragg’s seasoning, for 7-9 minutes or until golden then add to food processor and process yam, walnuts and flax egg. Add all spices and baking powder and mix well. If using meat, simply substitute as indicated above.
2. Roll mixture into balls and flatten with hands into 4 patties.
3. Heat and spray pan or grill and cook the burgers until golden and slightly crispy on each side.
5. Wrap in 2-4 large lettuce leaves (or gluten-free buns) and top sauces of your choice, serve with parsnip fries.
Yucca OR Parsnip Fries
1 Organic Yucca or 5 Organic Parsnips, sliced thin or thick
½ Tsp Grapeseed Oil
1 Sprig Organic Fresh Rosemary Or Dill (optional)
Himalayan Crystal Salt & Ground Pepper
Making It Happen:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toss yucca/parsnips with oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
3. Roast on top rack for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.